Java Hut Teacher Responsibilities
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
“God has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
Sunday Morning Schedule
- 9:15 a.m. – Arrive & Set Up
- 9:30 a.m. – Youth Arrive – Mingle & Talk Time!! Give hugs, ask how about their week, help Instigate leaders reach out to the kids that are shy or having trouble integrating with their age group.
- 9:45 a.m. – Announcements
- 9:50 a.m. – Break up into classes
- 10:40 a.m. – Close class with prayer
- 10:45 a.m. – Clean up room and put away resources
- Communicate any specific concerns or praises to Robin or Mia.
- Pray over your students and their spiritual development. Pray that you will have the insight and wisdom to see more then what is being said.
- Prepare ahead of time for your session. If you need supplies, please come by the youth building Monday – Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Please don’t wait until Sunday morning to make copies or request to show a video in your classroom. Please let Robyn Giles know of specific supply needs or DVD needs by Wednesday.
- If you can, try to contact each member of your Java Hut group (phone call, Facebook, text, e-mail, note/postcard, one-on-one conversation, visits, baseball games, dance recitals, school plays, etc.).
- Which grade you would like to teach
- Which session you would like to facilitate
- Would you be interested in helping to design a session? The team includes: Peggy Benkesser, Sherry Howard, Amanda Brooks & Robin Merrill.
- Building Community – Complete
- Celebrating Differences – Complete
- Spiritual Gifts – Amanda Brooks
- Advent – Team
- Get to know your Bible / Journaling – Peggy Benkesser
- Prayer & Self Reflection – Robin Merrill
- Dare 2 Be – Team
- Reflection & Review – Team
Robyn Giles, Youth Ministries Administrative Assistant
404-636-7558 x 202
Youth Ministry Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.