Community Group Leader Responsibilities
“Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12
“God has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
Sunday Evening Schedule
- 5:00 – 5:45 p.m. – Community Group Leader Weekly Meeting, Prayer Time & Planning Session
- 5:45 – 6:00 p.m. – Prepare for youth arrival
- 6:00 – 6:30 p.m. – Dinner Time & Fellowship
- 6:30 – 7:00 p.m. – Worship & Word
- 7:00 – 7:40 p.m. – Community Group Break Out Sessions
- 7:40 – 8:15 p.m. – Activities (Games & Art)
- 8:15 – 8:30 p.m. – Good –bye to youth and Clean Up
- Pray for each student in your community group.
- Arrive at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday evenings for weekly CG Leader meeting. Stay until students are picked up and building cleaned and set up for weekly activities.
- Hang out with students before, during and after Community Groups.
- Eat with students during “the meal”.
- Connect with the students during “the activities” through playing games, creating art, or other activities.
- Lead community group time (pray, listen, love, ask questions).
- Communicate any specific concerns or praises to Robin or Mia.
If you can, try to contact each member of your community group (phone call, facebook, text, e-mail, note/postcard, one-on-one conversation, visits, baseball games, dance recitals, school plays, etc.).
If you can, coordinate one “outside of Sunday night” connection with your community group (can also be in conjunction with another group).
Robyn Giles, Youth Ministries Administrative Assistant
404-636-7558 x 202
Youth Ministry Office Hours
Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.