Every fall we head to the Awanita Valley Retreat Center in South Carolina for an awesome weekend of fun, new friendships, and conversations and experiences which explore what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. Experience the low ropes course and the traditional Hummer ride on the mountain, along with many other fun and meaningful activities.
Stay updated by visiting our news page or subscribing to our weekly email.
Awanita 2014 | September 12-14, 2014
It is that time of the year again when the youth begin asking, “When is Awanita? I can’t wait!! Will it hurry up and get here?” Well it is that time!!
We are excited about heading back to Awanita Valley Retreat Center in South Carolina for an awesome weekend of fun, new friendships, conversations and experiences which explore what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. Experience amazing worship times, bonfires, zip lines, Hummer rides, games, and fellowship.
Check out Awanita Camp at: www.awanita.org
Contact Robyn Giles in the Youth Office with any questions regarding registration. Youth scholarships are always available. Please do not let the cost keep you from registering for this retreat.
We need current copies of the following forms:
– Awanita Release Form
– Medical Permission Form (updated annually)
– Photographic Release Form (updated annually)
– To access all of the forms, please click here.
– MONEY FOR TWO MEALS: Dinner on Friday night & Lunch on Sunday – please keep money accessible on the buses! Luggage is under the bus and we can’t search for money in luggage.
– Sleeping Bag & Pillow (or linens for a twin bed)
– Clothes: casual clothes for day, warm clothes for night and clothes that can get really wet and dirty (bring a plastic bag for wet clothes)
– Rain Jacket
– Tennis shoes & flip flops (extra shoes that are “non-open toed”)
– Swim suit (please keep it modest)
– Bug Spray
– 2 Towels / Wash Cloth
– Flashlight / batteries
– Change for Coke machine
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Robin Giles at 404-636-7558 x 202 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking forward to another great Awanita year!!